Storm Irma – now a group 5 storm and the most powerful actually recorded over the Atlantic Ocean – is about to hit the particular Caribbean Leeward Islands of Cayman islands land and Barbuda.
The most recent advisory in the US National Hurricane Center warns that Irma will be “ potentially catastrophic” and has advised that “ preparations to protect living and property should be rushed in order to completion” in the islands in its instant path.
Those island destinations include:
- Cayman islands land, Barbuda, Anguilla, Montserrat, St Kitts and Nevis
- Saba, St Eustatius and St Maarten
- Saint Martin plus Saint Barthelemy
- Uk Virgin Islands
- ALL OF US Virgin Islands
- Puerto Rico, Vieques, and Culebra
- Dominican Republic from Cabo Engano to the northern border along with Haiti
Irma is prediction to then travel on by means of Haiti and the Dominican Republic, Turks and Caicos, the Bahamas, Cuba and potentially to hit Florida before the weekend.